Five reasons to get to the Adelaide Motorsport Festival right now
Date: Dec 10, 2017
The Adelaide Motorsport Festival is about to fire up for the final day of on and off-track action in Victoria Park.
With 14 competition categories in the Victoria Park Sprint, there's something different on track approximately every 15 minutes. Tickets are still available at the gate for what is turning out to be a perfect day for motor racing.
We've put together a list of five essential AMF experiences on offer today:
- F1 lap record chase
- Tim Slade set a blistering pace yesterday in the Footwork Arrows FA15 with a new lap record of 43.03 seconds. The other F1 pilots, including Cam Waters in the BMW Benetton and André Bezuidenhout in the Dallara will be keen to peg him back. The sounds of F1 in the streets of Adelaide is something to rmember.
- Craig Lowndes loves the FXX and he gets to drive it again on our track today. This is another incredible sounding car, and one of only 30 in the world.
- 5-Litre Touring Cars
- These guys aren't shy - they like to swap paint with each other and the track barriers, providing some super entertaining door-to-door racing.
- Amazing car displays
- Off the track there are so many incredible cars to see. The LaFerrari is simply stunning, the 100 Club brings together a car for every year of the last century, there are classics from Jaguar, Maserati, Mercedes Benz, Ferrari, Aston Martin and more.
- Off-track family fun
- There's something for the whole family at AMF, with a buzzing atmosphere and plenty of noise and variety. The kids will love the racing simulator and pitstop practice, there are food trucks and bars, the Land Rover Experience, live music and more. And of course, the AMF is known for the accessibility of the cars and drivers, so you can get up close to the incredible vehicles competing in the event like no other festival.
We'll see you at the track!
Back to news