AMF Gouger Street Party
Date: Nov 29, 2017
The Adelaide Motorsport Festival gets off to a flying start on Friday December 8 with a fantastic free event in the heart of Adelaide's restaurant precinct.
The Gouger Street Party begins at 5:45pm with a parade of phenomenal vehicles driving under police escort from Victoria Park, up Wakefield Street, Grote Street and Morphett Street to Gouger Street. Cars taking part in the parade include the rare and remarkable Ferrari FXX driven by Craig Lowndes, the trio of Formula One cars and drivers from our Race to the City film, World Superbike champ Troy Bayliss on a Ducati, a 1967 Brabham, and Nick Percat in a brand new McLaren 720S. Garth Tander will pilot a prototype Super5000 open-wheeler, the unbelievable 1000hp twin-turbo WTF86 will make its public debut, while the competitors from the Adelaide Rally will also appear.
Once in Gouger Street, you'll be able to see these incredible cars up close, talk to the drivers, and enjoy an evening of entertainment from party band Mr Buzzy and roving performers. Try your hand at old school racing games like Daytona and Sega Rally and enjoy a meal from any of the restaurants on this popular dining strip - it's sure to be buzzing, so make a booking at your favourite restaurant now!
The parade includes:
- 2007 Ferrari FXX - driver Craig Lowndes
- 2000 Arrows A21 Formula One - driver Josh Kean
- 1986 BMW Benetton Formula One - driver Cameron Waters
- 1994 Arrows FA 15 Formula One - driver Tim Slade
- 1988 Larrousse Formula One - driver Brenton Griguol
- 2017 Super 5000 - driver Garth Tander
- 1974 March Formula One
- 1967 Brabham BT21 B
- 2017 McLaren 675LT - driver Nick Percat
- 2015 Ducati Superbike - rider Troy Bayliss
- 1990 Ford Sierra Group A
- 1985 Ferrari F40
- 2009 Ferrari 599XX
- 1988 Mercedes 450 Historic Sports Sedan
- 2012 Toyota WTF86 - driver Todd Hazelwood